Connected Parenting Course – 6 Sessions – £492 incl. VAT
- Does your child continually lose things? Do they chronically forget to hand in homework? Are they always late?
- Does your child have trouble getting started on tasks? Do they put off work until the last minute and have no sense of urgency?
- Are you concerned about your child’s ability to manage life when you aren’t there to pick up the pieces?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, our Connected Parenting course is for you.
The course will cover:
- Brain development and neuroscience: understand your child’s brain
- Executive Functions through the ages: what are they and how can they be improved?
- Training Executive Functions in your child; goals and communicating with your child for real change
- Emotions: yours and theirs, how do they get in the way?
- Parenting pitfalls: why does it often go so wrong?
- Making it work in the long term: resilience and long-term change
This parenting course will be run by a Clinical Psychologist who specialises in child mental health and neuroscience. The 6 seminars will be run using a combination of presentations, videos and small group discussion. Each week will build on the previous week, so attendance at each session is needed. There will be general teaching on brain development, an outline of what the executive functions are and what it looks like when they don’t work properly as well as how to improve them. The way a parent communicates with their child to teach is crucially important and will be covered in some detail. Consideration will be given for the importance of emotions in behaviour and ideas for how to manage behaviour when things go wrong. There will be opportunities to reflect on each family’s challenges and come up with strategies to manage ongoing problems.
Connected Parenting Course Key Details:
35 Great James Street,
Dates & Times:
Weekly Morning Sessions
10:30 am to 12:30 pm
Weekly Evening Sessions
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Please contact our Connected Parent Coordinator Sophie Davis on email@example.com
Price: £492 incl. VAT
0208 050 1605