Reading and Resources
At Connections in Mind we are passionate about raising awareness of executive functions. Below are reading resources we have hand picked for those interested in furthering their knowledge of executive functions or using executive function based resources in their work with people with executive function challenges.
Please note that, at no extra cost to you, we may earn a small commission from qualifying purchases you make by following these links.
General Reading for Parents and Professionals
- Harvard Centre for the Developing Child. http://developingchild.harvard.edu/science/key-concepts/executive-function/
- Smart but Scattered Teens: The “Executive Skills” Program for Helping Teens Reach Their Potential by Richard Guare, Peg Dawson and Colin Guare Published by Guilford Press
- Smart but Scattered: The Revolutionary “Executive Skills” Approach to Helping Kids Reach Their Potential by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare Published by Guilford Press
- The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success: How to Use Your Brain’s Executive Skills to Keep Up, Stay Calm, and Get Organized at Work and at Home by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare Published by Guilford Press
- Smart but Scattered–and Stalled: 10 Steps to Help Young Adults Use Their Executive Skills to Successfully Leave the Nest by Peg Dawson and Richard Guare Published by Guilford Press